Berry and Quinoa Flake Porridge
This gluten free, high protein, antioxidant-rich and delicious tasting porridge is a great way to kick-start your morning and give you the energy without the morning slump!
· ¼ cup of uncooked quinoa flakes
· ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
· ½ tablespoon of almonds, chopped
· ½ cup of fresh berries
· A pinch of ground cinnamon to serve
· Soak quinoa flakes with ¼ cup almond milk overnight in the fridge. This speeds up the cooking time in the morning.
· Add soaked quinoa flakes to a small saucepan with the remaining ½ cup almond milk.
· Heat on low-medium heat until simmering, stirring regularly.
· Cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, or until the porridge is thickened, smooth and creamy.
· Serve topped with chopped almonds and your choice of berries.
· Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Variations: Use rice milk instead of almond milk if preferred. Add ½ sliced banana or ½ chopped apple instead of berries.