Have you ever considered doing a detox and then realised you aren’t sure how to go about it and what benefits may arise? Well, when you detox correctly, in a healthy and safe environment with the right guidance - you will feel a range of positive side effects!
When most people hear the word detox they think of deprivation, constant hunger, kale juices and tasteless food but this is definitely not the case if a detox is undertaken the right way including a wide-range of nutritious foods without compromising your health in any way!
Detoxing can help you with the following…
1. Removal of toxins in the body - long-term exposure to environmental toxins including dietary allergens, preservatives, pesticides, additives and heavy metals, just to name a few can affects a range of bodily functions including our metabolism, behaviour, immune system, and can lead to disease.
2. Boost in energy levels – By removing refined sugars, caffeine, soft drinks, trans and saturated fats and replacing them with fresh fruits and vegetables, you will get a natural energy boost, one that comes without a crash. It’s also vital to stay well hydrated while on a detox program, and that can also be a source of increased energy.
3. Stronger Immune system – Detoxing allows the body to help your organs function the way they should be, absorbing nutrients more efficiently leading to a strengthened immune system that can fight off infections.
4. Weight loss – It is easy to see why a detox will significantly assist with weight loss as your nourishing your body with natural wholesome foods. Toxins affect the body's natural ability to burn fat, so by ridding your body of these you are setting yourself up to drop the kilos and increase your metabolism.
5. Mental and Emotional Clarity – A common side effect of a detox is to lose that sense of fogginess in the mind and clarity in thinking. Many of the sugar-filled and fat-filled foods that surround us every day will cause us to feel lethargic and can factor heavily in the quality of our thinking.
6. Improved Skin - Your skin is your largest organ, so it only makes sense that it would show positive results from a detox program, improvements in acne, strengthening of the hair and nails, and a natural, healthy glow is another very common side effect.
7. Slow premature aging - Detoxing rids the body of free radicals and heavy metals partially responsible for aging. By reducing the amount of toxin damage, you will begin to see not only short term benefits, but also long term benefits and an increase in longevity.
8. Restoring balance to the body's systems – When we overload our digestive, nervous and hormonal systems with toxins and unhealthy foods, they don't work as well as they should, leading to unnecessary illness. Detoxing brings balance back to our systems and helps our systems function properly again.
If you suffer from any of the symptoms outlined below you may want to consider undertaking a detox program to revitalise your body and experience life the way your body is designed to!
· Wake up feeling tired?
· Always hungry and experience constant cravings?
· Tummy discomfort, bloating and IBS symptoms?
· Feeling foggy and unclear in the mind?
· Struggling to lose weight?
To find out more information and to set up a safe and effective detox program suited to your needs, book an appointment with Nu-Leaf today or call us on 1300 669 834 to find out more.